If you are 70 ½ or older, you may be looking for a way to make a big difference to help further the mission of St. Vincent de Paul Georgia while lowering the income and taxes from your IRA withdrawals. An IRA charitable rollover is a way you can help continue the good work of SVdP Georgia and personally benefit this year.
Congress has enacted a permanent IRA charitable rollover. As a result, you can make an IRA rollover gift this year and in future years. Once a person turns 70 ½ they are required to take minimum distributions from an IRA. The direct rollover contribution is a simple way to make contributions without impacting their reported taxable income.
Benefits of an IRA Charitable Rollover
- Avoid taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to an endowment fund at the Catholic Foundation
- Satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year
- Reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions
- Make a gift that is not subject to the deduction limits on charitable gifts
- Help further the work and mission of SVdP Georgia
How an IRA charitable rollover gift works
- Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA to SVdP Georgia.
- Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to SVdP Georgia to help continue the important work of helping our neighbors in need.
- Please note that IRA charitable rollover gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction.
Please contact the SVdP Georgia Development Department at email@example.com if you wish for your gift to be used for a particular purpose