We rely on the generosity of individuals, businesses, and community donation drives to fill the shelves of our 12 Thrift Stores. Donated items are sold to members of the community or given away for free to people experiencing crisis. Items that cannot be sold in our stores are recycled.
All store locations accept donations during their normal business hours. Donations can also be made at out Chamblee Donation Center (2050-C Chamblee Tucker Road, Atlanta 30341) or any of our donation bins.
For large appliance and furniture pick-up, please call our donation line: 678-892-6162.
For more information regarding conducting a donation drive, please call 678-892-6165.
ITEMS WE ACCEPT
- Furniture* and Lamps
- Antiques and Collectibles
- Jewelry and Accessories (Scarves, Handbags, Belts, Hats, etc.)
- Dishes and Glassware
- Utensils, Cookware, and Kitchen Appliances
- Toys and Games
- Televisions (Flat Screen Only**)
- DVDs, Records, CDs, and Tapes
- Bicycles and Sporting Equipment
- Small Electronics (Radios, CD Players, DVD Players, Clocks, iPods, etc)
- Computers, Printers, Monitors, and Speakers
- Eyeglasses (donated to the Lighthouse Foundation)
*Note regarding furniture: SVdP accepts clean, usable furniture that can be sold in our stores. To ensure the safety of our employees, we ask that donations of furniture be made at our retail stores whenever possible. If you need large items picked up from your home or business, please call the donation line: 678-892-6162.
**Please note: Only flat screen televisions can be sold in our stores, and SVdP incurs a cost for recycling other types of televisions.
ITEMS WE RECYCLE
SVdP is able to recycle these items and use the proceeds to support our programs and services.
- Computer Parts, Monitors, Printers, and Accessories
- Circuit Boards
- Video Game Consoles
- Toasters, Coffee Makers, Blenders, and Microwaves
- Cameras and Camcorders
- Satellite Dishes and Systems
- Hair Dryers, Curling Irons, and Straighteners
ITEMS WE CANNOT ACCEPT
If an item cannot be sold in our stores, the costs handling or disposal diverts funds that would otherwise support our programs. Please dispose of these items through a responsible alternative source. Items that have been recalled cannot be donated to or sold by St. Vincent de Paul.
- Nonworking Appliances
- Building Materials (Carpet, Shutters, Doors, Windows, Toilets, Lumber, Concrete, Bricks and Stones, etc)
- Encyclopedias (These are cannot be sold or recycled)
- Torn, Soiled, or Damaged Furniture
- Automobile Parts: Tires, Wheels, Batteries, Seats, Body Parts, and Engines
- Paint and Chemicals of Any Kind
- Kerosene or Gas Heaters and Appliances
- CPSC Frequently Recalled Items (Infant Furniture, Car Seats, Exercise Equipment, Baby Cribs, Strollers, Carriages, Playpens, Outdoor Children’s Toys, and Items Containing Lead or Phthalates)
- Water Stained Items
- Swing Sets or Children Swimming Pools
- Air Conditioners
- Used Mattresses and Box Springs
SVdP reserves the right to refuse any donation.